K1 Fiancee Visas
There are generally two categories of visas: immigration visas and non
immigration visas. Visas are coded by a system of letters from A-V. With very
few exceptions most women from the former Soviet Union, Latin America, China,
etc. are only eligible to apply for non immigration visas. Examples of
non immigration visas are tourist visas, student visas, and
fiancee visas (K1 Visas).
For most couples, fiance visas (K 1 Visas) are best. If properly applied
for and processed fiancee visas (K1 Visas) have the highest success rate;
near 100% for eligible ladies. Fiance K 1 visas are also known as
Tourist visa applications generally have a very low success rate. Tourist visas are possible if the lady can show that she has sufficient ties to return to her country, such as a child not traveling with her, substantial assets, prior experience traveling to first world countries, a good job, and money in a bank. Rejection rates exceed 95%.
Student visas have a higher success rate than tourist visas
but have a must lower success rate than fiancee visas (K1 Visas).
In addition, the student visa usually takes much longer because the
lady must take an English test in her home country (TOEFL Test) and
then apply for and gain admission to a U.S. university prior to
applying for a student visa. She must also be able to prove that she
has sufficient financial resources to pay for one year of tuition,
fees, room & board, and all other related expenses at the time of the
interview at the U.S. Embassy. Without proof of financial resources
she will be denied even if all the above criteria are met. She has
no better than a 50/50 chance of success in any case.
In short, fiance visas (K 1 Visas) provide the best combination of high
success rate, short processing time, and simplicity.
What are the legal requirements for fiancee visas (K1 Visas)?
- You must be a U.S. Citizen. (If not, you must marry the lady overseas and bring her into the U.S. as your wife. This is a very slow process.)
- Both you and your fiancee must be legally able to marry.
- You must have actually met your fiance in the past two years, and can demonstrate the existence of a serious relationship between you. Photos of you and the lady together are required.
- You must demonstrate genuine intentions to marry your fiancee after she arrives in the U.S.
- Your lady must possess an international passport (as opposed to an internal, domestic passport or ID) at the time of her interview at the U.S. Consulate.
For Fiance Visa (K 1 Visa) details call European Connections at (770) 458-7361, 10AM-4PM, EST or email us.